Happy To Meat You Mild or Spicy Sausage (2 Links)
Happy To Meat You Beef Sticky Buns Remix
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 package (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup jalapeño pepper jelly, warmed (optional) or Cream Cheese "Frosting" (optional, recipe follows)
- Prepare Happy To Meat You Sausage. Set aside 2 cups sausage mixture in large bowl; reserve remaining sausage for another use. Add mushrooms and onions to same skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add spinach to skillet; stir to wilt. Add vegetable mixture to sausage; set aside 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is cooled completely, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage: Combine sausage, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Chef Scott's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed sausage, should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of doneness.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Unroll pizza dough on flat surface; pat or roll dough evenly to 14 x 10-inch rectangle, pinching together any tears, if necessary. Spread sausage mixture on dough, leaving 1/2 inch border on short side furthest from you. Starting at closest short end, roll up jelly-roll style, pinching to close. Slice dough into 8 pieces using serrated knife and careful sawing motion; place cut-side-up on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 425°F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove buns to cooling rack. While still warm, drizzle with melted jalapeño pepper jelly, if desired.
To warm jelly, place jelly in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 45 to 60 seconds or until melted, stirring once. Let stand 30 seconds.Cream Cheese "Frosting": Combine 1/4 cup softened reduced-fat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon milk in small bowl, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over warmed beef buns.
Credit: Beef It's What's For Dinner